Welcome to the Exhibitions Blog on our new website. On this blog, I hope to provide information on exhibitions in progress, make new friends, share some recipes, and perhaps learn a little bit about humanity.
In-house and traveling exhibitions are a large part of the Warhol Museum’s inner workings. Every person on staff plays a role in the exhibition process, but there are a number of people working behind the scenes who are directly responsible for preparing exhibition installations and loans:
• Heather Kowalski, Registrar - Intelligent… young… beautiful… these are words I use to describe myself, but could very well apply to Heather. Heather is in charge of shipping artwork, arranging for insurance, writing condition reports, and many other important things. She is also my wife.
• Amber Morgan, Associate Registrar - Should you find yourself surrounded by a band of deadly ninja assassins, Amber is the person you want covering your back. Amber is in charge of cataloguing and maintaining the Warhol's collection.
• Caitlin Gongas, Assistant Registrar - Caitlin is like the first crocus rising from a long winter’s snow. She is in charge of packing artwork, writing condition reports, and making sure the right stuff gets to the right people.
• Tony Valvano, Art Handler - Tony is by far the oldest, and, he’ll tell you, the wisest of the exhibitions staff. Tony got his start as a carnie’s assistant, but is now in charge of building all of our crates and frames, and has a special talent with gallery lighting.
• Mike Vincent, Art Handler - Mike has been with the Warhol for 8 years. Some say Mike is the glue that keeps everything together. I say “Mike, can I see you in my office?” Mike’s skill lies in knowing how to do everything, and doing it well.
• Erin Beveridge, Art Handler - Erin is a strong woman who makes me believe anything she tells me - and she’s usually right. She’s smart, creative, and isn’t put off by Tony and Mike.
• Alissa Osial, Exhibition Assistant - Much like the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, thus allowing caveman to run free, Alissa is a force to be reckoned with. Alissa is the newest member of the exhibition staff, and is a perfect fit.