Source Image Gathering and Image Manipulation
Student photograph to be made into photographic silkscreen
Students take digital photographs and manipulate images using Adobe Photoshop.
Suggested Time Frame:
2-3 class periods
- Students will take photographs using digital cameras
- Students will download digital images into Adobe Photoshop and adjust the contrast
- Students will bitmap and print their high contrasted digital images onto transparencies
|Digital cameras ||Adobe Photoshop Tutorial Handout |
|Computers and Adobe Photoshop||Transparency paper for Film Positives (select transparency paper suited for your type of printer)|
- Review previous lesson. Present the Image Gallery for this lesson as a review. Discuss Warhol’s use of cropping, color and shape.
- Students take photographs using digital cameras, either inside or outside the school building. Possible Warhol-related subject matter: still-life arrangements of popular objects, abstract patterns found in nature, portraits or architectural elements.
- Download the images and open them in Adobe Photoshop. Distribute tutorial handouts.
- Students complete the tutorials and save their work.
Warhol Education Rubrics
Click the Warhol Rubric headers below to reveal associated rubrics to which this lesson applies.