Big Idea: Andy Warhol’s work in many disciplines provides the unique lens to examine the nature of the creative process and interdisciplinary connections between art and other fields of study.
The lessons in this section teach interdisciplinary subjects and skills and encourage young people to critically explore their world.
- How was Andy Warhol’s artistic practice interdisciplinary?
- What is creativity?
- What are some of the key components of an artist’s creative process?
- How is creativity or the creative process applied in other fields?
- What are the similarities and differences between the practice of artists and other professionals, such as scientists, historians and journalists?
Collecting Unit Lesson Plans
Collaboration Unit Lessons
- Lesson 1Introduction to Collaboration
- Lesson 2Clay Olympics and Game Design Team Building Activities
- Lesson 3Past and Present Artist Examples
- Lesson 4Collaborative Mural Making
(painting and toner transfer on clay)