It was all fun and games, and we were all willing to participate.
Gerard Malanga, Warhol’s studio assistant
Become a volunteer at The Factory
Volunteer opportunities are open to teens, college students, and adults of all ages, and are constantly changing based on the needs of the museum. Visit the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh website for more information and contact details.
Volunteers take part in several aspects of studio programs including:
- Setting up and breaking down activities
- Maintaining materials and equipment
- Researching and developing new activities to coincide with current exhibitions
- Occasional assistance with public programming, cultural events and education outreach
The museum counts on all of our volunteers and interns to:
- Demonstrate timeliness, dependability and maturity
- Work well alongside others
- Engage a diverse public in 21st century art and contemporary culture