Recurring Event Stonewall 50: A Gender Inclusive Celebration for Families
On the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots, join us for an all ages, family-friendly celebration of LGBTQ+ arts, culture, and inclusive community. Drop in for gallery activities, film screenings, live performance, art making, special guests, and surprises throughout the day.
- Gallery tours and hands-on activities throughout the day
- 11 a.m. Friends of Dorothy: Queer and Experimental Shorts for Kids of All Ages in The Warhol theater. Fairy Fantastic! presents five short films and one webisode on difference-affirming, gender-variance, and anti-bullying themes. Why are all of Alexa’s favorite things, like car-shaped beds, super balls, and soccer called “boy things?” Can a barber shop be a doorway to a dreamland? What’s it like to be the only boy ballerina? How do you know if someone “gets you?” The answers to these and many more questions can be found in Friends of Dorothy. The short films in Friends of Dorothy are moving, hilarious, beautiful and inventive visions of a genderfluid world that will delight all ages. Created by Hilary Harp and Suzie Silver, Fairy Fantastic!, is a gender creative folk and fairy tale series for kids of all ages.
- 1 p.m. Drag Queen Story Hour with Ms. Akasha L Van-Cartier and friends in The Warhol theater
- 2 p.m. Dreams of Hope: Queer Youth Arts Showcase in The Warhol theater
- 3 p.m. QTPOC Book Exchange and Reading with the Black Unicorn Library in The Warhol theater
- 4 p.m. Vogue performance and workshop with True T PGH in The Warhol entrance space
- And much more!
Stonewall 50 is generously supported by the American Eagle Outfitters Foundation.